Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Whirlwind Wedding Weekend

We just had a wonderful weekend visit to southwestern NC! We began with a visit to Terrell to see  Morgan and Cedric's new house, moved over to Gastonia for a wedding, visited Kings Mountain, celebrated Father's Day at KMFB,  had lunch in Shelby, and stopped by IKEA on the way home! Whew I am tired just thinking about it!

Thursday afternoon we headed to Terrell to finally see Morgan and Cedric's new house. We met at Clyde and Miss Doris's for pizza, then went to tour the house (it is just through their backyard). The children had a BLAST playing together in "PaPaws Place," this awesome fort that Clyde built, and jumping on the trampoline with Miss Doris. Travis and Cedric had fun listening to music and talking while the girls talked non-stop. It had been forever since we had seen each other.   Now let me just tell you about the house.  It is just beautiful and should be finished soon. Some of my favorite features are: an awesome french door to Morgan's office, beautiful stained-glass windows in the master bath, a cool stained wood mantle above an awesome stone fireplace, and probably my favorite-the basement! I can envision lots of playtime in there! It also has a cool patio off of the basement. I am so happy for our friends to have this great house. They deserve it! Unfortunately I do not have pictures. We had plans to swim together then next day and I was going to take pictures, but sadly Gabriel got sick. I snagged a few of playtime from Morgan's camera card (she actually came to my house Monday night for a work trip...more constant talking and laughter). You can check out Morgan's blog for house pictures.  The only thing I would change about the house is to move it to my backyard. We love them so much and wish we could be together all of the time!

"Biz Biz"

Gabriel in his  Tarzan "loin cloth"

Hanging out on the patio!

Cedric and Travis


Miss Doris with the babies!


Gabriel flying around on his 4-wheeler

Juel loved Miss Dar Dar


Of course Tyson wanted to "work." Check out this awesome rock they moved to the new house!


We think there is budding romance between these two! He loved holding her hand and talking to her!

Chilling in the fort!


Gosh I love this girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment