Monday, June 11, 2012

To the beach...

My children are surely after my own heart, as they both LOVE the beach! They were so excited to head out!
This precious boy could not wait!
  
I added this picture to show Juel's little "baby" doll. She loves it so much. The funny thing is that she has several really nice pretty dolls, but this is the one she loves. It was a $5 doll Travis and I bought at the Dollar Gener*l on our way home from a trip.  It reminds me of this "Baby Suzie" doll I had when I was tiny. Grandma Juel bought it for me at Pope's Dime Store and also gave one to her mother (Great-grandma Thettie Bell). I remember playing dolls with her.

This is the bridge to my "happy place"! Ever since I was a child, when the bridge was first built (I can remember before when it was a draw bridge) going over this bridge has just made my heart fill with joy. We always roll down the windows and swear the smell of salt water would make us wild! Now all the way to the beach Tyson says, "where is my bridge mommy" and when we get on it and roll down the windows, he squeals like he is on a roller coaster! I took this picture out to dinner on Travis's birthday. It is now my screen saver as it reminds me of fun times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment