Monday, April 22, 2013

Beach Time

As soon as we finished our last bite of our Easter meal, Travis, the kids, and I loaded up the van and headed East! Screams and laughter from everyone bursted from the mini-van as we crossed the Atlantic Beach bridge to reach my favorite destination! Home away from home! Sanctuary of peace and perfection! I literally feel stress melt away everytime we arrive in AB! My shoulders relax and my smile beams! My children are exactly the same way! It was a tradition passed from my mom to me and now to them! Even Travis really loves being there. Although he is not a fan of hot or sand--he likes the town. Our little family had a good time together despite the chilly weather. One day I was on the beach with the children. I sent Travis a text to say that it was freezing. He texted back that we were the only loons out there. I said "We are hardcore about our beach love." He replied that I looked very hard core--considering my I was completely covered except for my eyes!" Ha!  Mom had to work and she was finally able to join us Tuesday night. We had lots of fun shopping, cooking, reading, beach walking, watching movies and just relaxing (which is something we just don't do at home). We also "visited" the indoor pool at the neighboring resort. It was a highlight for Tyson and Juel. They are little fish in the water! Mom and I stayed one extra day because the sun finally started to warm the weather! It was a great trip!

(Now lots of photo posts to prove it!)



No comments:

Post a Comment