Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fun Fall Wedding

We went to a fun wedding at Willow Pond Farmstead in Coats, NC this weekend. Jodi Driver, a "little girl" in the first dance class I ever taught married TJ Harper. It was really neat, with dancing, hayrides, kids crafts, playgrounds, smores, and a photo booth. I do not think any little boy in history has ever had so much fun at a wedding!

The venue was just beautiful. These pictures do not capture the lovely views. The wedding took place in front of this old barn, with dancing/cake inside. The food was in the stables shown in the second picture. There were other buildings on the grounds as well, including the owner's gorgeous home and other stables. 

 



Of course, with any dance family event, the decorations are great! 

 
 


 
Tyson is currently IN LOVE with Inga's daughter, Keegan. He seriously loves her! She also goes to his preschool. In the mornings if he is being difficult about getting dressed/brushing his teeth etc, I just have to tell him that he is going to see her and he snaps out of the fit! It's great! He was just thrilled that she was in the wedding, which he referred to as "Keegan's Party." When we were getting ready to go, he ran into the bathroom and said, "mama, you need to put some water on my hair. I am going to see Keegan!" She was pretty happy to see him as well.Just look at how he is checking her out in this picture snapped when he first saw her!

Juel loves her too! (We have lots of silly photo booth pictures of the girls.)



Everyone was also really excited about the hayrides. Tyson was not planning to be left out of this fun, so he hopped on right in the middle of the wedding party...

We later took a long tour all around the property...

 Notice the hands...
The farm owners are part of an organization that helps preserve rare breeds of farm animals. These are Devin Cows, which are ancestors of oxen. There are only around 300 in the world.

Juel was quite impressed and began her cow imitation!

 
As for the rest of the night...no pictures. Only in my mind do I have HILARIOUS visions of my child dancing like a fool on the dance floor. You thought I was talking about Juel, oh no! It was Tyson. He was dancing like I have never seen him do, including break dancing moves, random, off-beat claps and even flips. I was laughing until I cried! He was surrounded by little girls and tons of people. It was priceless. Juel was busy running around eating cake! Congratulations to Jodi and TJ!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment