I have no self control any more when it comes to how much I love this boy...and taking school morning pictures of him. He loves going to school and it makes me so happy. I know pride is a sin, but I admit that my heart just swells with it! He is remembering so much and telling me about his teacher and friends. He sings songs and declares "the rules." He told me today that when the sword on the clock points to ten o,clock, that's when you go. (not sure where, but you go!) He is also quite concerned with the tape on the floor and with not getting sand from the playground inside "my school." He is adjusting very well to our new schedule and was very kind to everyone today. I had to work today, so a friend from church, Missy, drove him to preschool while Mrs. Caffie kept Juel here. Tyson (and I) were anxious about it and it took him a while to fall asleep last, but he did awesome! We talked and prayed about his day ahead. After he finally fell asleep I prayed over him-for small daily things and for whole life things and even that he would have peaceful dreams. He woke up early to get dressed and eat muffins with Mommy. He did not cry at all when I left. Missy called tonight to tell me that he was very nice and well behaved with her and Mrs. Caffie said he was excellent and very polite this afternoon. Whew! Thank you God...you and I talked so much about it all day! (grin)
In the past year there has been a great deal of stress in my life. Certainy-without a doubt-I did not face challenges nearly as severe as many people have or are currently facing. However, there were some low moments of anxiety, saddness, fear etc... At some point just as the school year began, I decided that I just wanted to "choose joy." I want to count my blessings and focus on the gifts of each day. I want to complain less, and praise more. I want my colleagues and friends to remember me as 'the girl who always smiles' and to hear my words of encouragement instead of negative remarks and to 'catch' a contagious positive attitude. (Disclaimer-some of you may have to hold me accountable for these statements later.) Right now, at this moment, everything is OK. I do not know what tomorrow holds. But right now I am happy. I am going to "choose joy."And it is my hope that by doing this daily, it will become my habit. I have some bad habits (just take a look at my fingers), but, just as surely as bad habits form, I want to form a positive one. It is my true desire that if "choosing joy" becomes my daily practice, then when I face a trial (when, not if, because we are certain to face difficult times on this side of heaven) I will be able to do so with a joyful spirit. I want to have a "choose joy" habit!
Well...I was just going to comment about the pictures..."choose joy"!
Berk wore a navy hoodie to school this morning too! love it!
ReplyDeleteI can't stop loving school morning pictures!!
Delete