Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pullen Park

Several weeks ago (before mom's chemo began) we visited one of my favorite childhood parks, Pullen Park, in downtown Raleigh. My mom would take Michael and I there for special afternoons when we were little. It has recently been renovated and is just beautiful. We enjoyed the Sunday afternoon with Grandma Raye.














We also stopped by daddy's grave to let her visit. She talks to him. It is so sad. Now that I have my own children, I can't imagine EVER losing one of them...even at 57.  She tells him how much he would have loved my children and how she wishes she could bring him home. Then she always says, but I guess you would never want to come back. She is right. He really is home. I know that and so does she, but it does not change the fact that we miss him. He died 5 years ago. It is hard to believe all of the things that have happened since he left this earth. Travis and I built a house and had babies. Michael moved home and bought a townhome. We have lost other loved ones and a gained friends that he never met. I miss him and it is hard, but for Grandma, the pain is always so strong. But, she is a tough and special lady. She contiues to find joy in life...especially in her great-grandchildren (which she gained a new one this week...post to come)!

No comments:

Post a Comment