Mom and I have a saying about "lucky" soap. She once gave me this huge bar of sweet smelling soap (it had been on Oprah's favorite things list). I told her that everytime I used it I felt so lucky. We laughed about it, but also thought of how it was important to 'count your blessings'...even when its just a bar of soap. The two mission trips that I have been on really highlighted my "luck" even more for me. Sometimes when I am laying on my king sized bed on soft 500 thread count sheets with the perfect temperature in the air with a full belly watching tv, I just think of the children that I saw sleeping on dirt floors in 100 degree heat with little food and certainly no "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on television. Although these thoughts can (and do) make me feel guilty, I try instead to see myself as blessed. I try to think of how I can use each situation I am in to find ways to glorify God. And I try to stop and give Him thanks for what I have and to ask Him to show me how to serve others. In this year that my family has faced trials, I try (and I am not at all always successful) to focus on the positive and thank God for all of the amazing things that I am blessed to have. This line of thinking also comes to light when I think of my children's health. Above all things, this is what I am most thankful for. I have friends who have struggled with infertility and some that have faced or are facing challenges with their childrens' health. I am absolutely overcome with thankfulness for the blessing of being Tyson and Juel's mommy. Talk about lucky soap...they are my pot of gold!
(Goodness...this was going to be a cute little St. Patrick's Day post...I guess I am just feeling grateful.)
 |
| Sweet pea! |
 |
| Who could resist a pinch? |
 |
| This is what I always see...hands reaching up! |
 |
| So big! |
 |
| My busy boy! |
 |
| LUCKY MOMMY |
This is a beautiful post, Laura! I have always done that too...each day I find some {lucky soap} thing to look forward to. I think my mama has always helped me do this. :) Thanks!
ReplyDelete