Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Huggie


I have always loved Valentines Day. My friend Susan explained that it is because it is a simple and sweet day and I agree! Mom always gave us a special treat to show us how much she loves us. It was never something I really needed, just fun! She made heart-shaped pancakes and let us sleep in her bed. I LOVED writing out Valentine cards for my friends. My Gradma Raye always sent balloons to school--oh boy did that make me feel special! She brought one to Tyson this weekend! I think she has always loved V day too! In fact, my most treasured stuffed animal-"Huggie" was given to Michael on his first Valentines Day. Being the sassy three year old that I was, I had requested a box of candy---"not a little one, a big one with a flower" on the top just like the on grandaddy Gerald always gave Grandma Raye. Well, that's exactly what I got! However, Micahel received this tiny, unimpressive little bear, that would soon become mine. For some reason I loved this bear and BEGGED to have him. I would sneak in his room and sleep under his crib holding the bear until finally mom gave him to me and a life-long friendship began! "Huggie" can be found in my nightstand today! After dragging off with me everywhere-to Kindergarten, daddy's house, and yes-even college, he has suffered some damage. He survived several "surgeries," and even threats by Michael to be reclaimed, however, he still remains "here in my heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment