It is hard to believe that school has been in session for 2 weeks already! I could never put into words the craziness of the first of the year for school teachers: the frenzied week of meetings and preparing, meeting the families at open house, the night before anxiety, the anticipation of all to come...Now I am learning from a parent's view point. Tyson had open house for preschool this week and then started his first day. He loved it! I feel like this year was my grace period. You know last year I had tears because he was old enough to go to preschool. This year I feel lucky that I have him little for one more year because next year....I will have a Kindergartener. Just typing that makes me feel a lump in my throat. I am still having trouble believing Gabriel is in "real school"! However, in just the two days that he has been to school this week I have already seen so much excitement for learning in him. He came home telling me all about the stories he read (Pete the Cat--it's so good) and the friends he played with on the playground. His teacher is great and has done this for 17 years. She has lots of energy and already had a good relationship with Tyson from the hallway last year. When she was talking to the parents about all they would work on learning this year (letters, numbers, READING, lunch skills, sharing etc) I was just shocked imagining my boy doing all of these things so soon. I know--I am a teacher--but he was just born 5 minutes ago! Truly I am excited to see him grow and learn!
Open House: Wakefield Central Baptist Church Preschool
(He was pretending to by scared. He saw this and just said "I told you I don't like pictures.")
Ready to Go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment