*It is Valentines week and I just love spending time with my favorite little loves! I recently found some cards to/from Travis from Valentines BK (before kids)...oh how the times change. One thing that has not changed is how much I love him and am so glad to share this life with him. It is just hard to even remember a time when we were not parents; back when we would hang out with our friends, make plans on a whim, stay up late, sleep til noon, then the weddings began...(Happy Anniversary to Morgan and Cedric as today marks 7 years. It does not seem like it should be that long, but thinking back to those BK days seems like another lifetime ago!)...and before we knew it, we had homes and hearts full of love for our children!
* In church our Sunday School class has been talking about "love" and specifically God's love for us. Now that I have children His love is overwhelming to me...He sent his child to die.Can you imagine? I love ya'll lots, but I would not give up Tyson or Juel for anything. Right?
*It sounds like a song, but sometimes love can be so hard. Tyson is a headstrong little boy, often requiring "redirection." As I am punishing him I can hear cliche statements in my mind like "this hurts me more than it hurts you" and "you are being punished because I love you." I know its silly, but true. I know that it is my responsibility as his mama to teach him. Most often this works with praise and positive reinforcement, but sometimes a punishment is needed. When he is sitting in time out crying like the world is over, it hurts my heart! Even though I am a teacher, I never realized until becoming a parent how many things you really have to teach children. This was a sweet moment Sunday:
Teaching things like tying shoes, brushing teeth, getting dressed, using the potty, eating with utensils are important things that until now I have not taught. I can teach you how to read, add/subtract, write a story, complete a science experiment etc, but whew teaching one from scratch is tough! LOL!
Of all of the things I want to teach our children, the most important is to love Jesus. I am so happy that both of them are thrilled to go to church each week, love saying their prayers, and often talk about Jesus (Jesus made the snowflakes, God gave me this cheeseburger--well sort of??, I want to sing this song at church--not so sure a cartoon theme song is on the worship agenda, but hey!). It is my daily prayer that I will be a good example to them by how I live each day and by teaching them to love the Bible and to know that Jesus loves them even more than I do!
Juel loved herself in this outfit Sunday...she requested photos!
Her daddy gave her this locket the day she was born. She begs to wear it everyday!
So proud
Tyson knows the drill...when we take pictures on Sunday morning, now he says "lets go to the porch"!
He is not, however, always willing to cooperate for said pictures!
Happy Valentines Day Week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment