Mitchell Allen White is three months old. He is precious in every way. He is loved by his mommy and daddy, Crystal and Allen. He is adored by his big sister Emerson. He is a sweet, happy baby.
HE IS BLIND. As of right now we do not know for sure why.
For a little over a month his smart, wonderful mom has suspected something was not quite right with his development. He was not meeting milestones typical of his age. Although many thought she was overreacting, perhaps comparing him to his vivacious older sister, her mother's instinct was strong. Through a long series of doctors it has been determined that sweet Mitchell cannot see and there is an irregular spot on his brain.
Now all of this happened in Crystal's first week back to work from maternity leave. She is a pharmacist, so her hours are long. (Her store was also robbed at gunpoint that week.) In addition, Emerson had a terrible stomach virus and had to go to the emergency room. Mitchell was admitted at UNC and had series of test like MRI under anesthesia, lumbar punctures, countless blood-draws and more. Now, as a mom, I know what I feel like when one of my children has a cold. I just can't even begin to imagine what she and Allen have been going through. For weeks now they have been facing this life changing news, yet do not know the definite cause.
It is suspected that he may have a tumor called Retinoblasteoma. On Monday he will have a procedure to determine if this is true. From there a treatment plan will be developed and 2nd opinions will be sought. I am begging you to join me in PRAYING FOR MITCHELL. Please pray for his wonderful mommy and daddy, grandparents and sister.
I have known and loved Crystal my entire life. I do not even have enough words to express how deeply I care for her and wish to make this all better. I cannot, but God can. She and Allen know and believe this. Mitchell may never see with his beautiful blue eyes, but Crystal and Allen will show him the world. They are amazing people and I cannot imagine anyone better equipped to face this challenge. Beyond what they will do for him, I am confident that God's amazing grace will cover sweet baby Michell Allen White.
"I will lead the blind by a road they do not know, by paths they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I will do, I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
Isaiah 42:16 
Oh Laura! I am so sorry--BUT I will be praying for Mitchell...he is absolutely gorgeous.:)
ReplyDelete