Well, I typically write about the wonderful fun I have as a mommy. It is fun. The most fun I have every had in my whole life. BUT its not always fun! Lately we have had many 'not fun' moments when my sweet, charming son suddenly turns into a monster! Although I hear this is often typical toddler behavior- IT IS NOT FUN! It is like turning a switch. He goes from being precious saying things like, "bless you my daddy," "thank you mama," or "night night baby sissy," to screaming when he does not get his way. Travis and I say he is like The Hulk. Often when told "no," he gets a crazy look in his eyes, pulls on his clothes, then picks up the nearest object and throws it as hard as he can while giving us a vicious look! Other not so fun moments include throwing food, hitting his Gee in the face, slamming his hands on closed doors (when he wants to get in) and my personal 'favorite' banging his head on the floor as hard as he can (he is going to get a concussion)! I have to keep the baby out of his path and often times 'trap' him in places where he can't get hurt. (However, just the other day I had him gated in the hallway with a few toys and nothing that could hurt him...so I thought. I started hearing loud noises. He had ripped the vent cover off of the floor and was tossing toys in the hole!) Seriously ya'll, what happened to my little angel?
(In the picture above he was furious because his mean mommy did not let him have a cord to plug in. He had just thrown himself on the floor, banged his head, and was screaming his head off. Please notice that his shirt is only around his neck. This was due to the tantrum he threw while I tried to dress him this morning!)
Laura - how can you get upset with such a sweet little face????? One time Alex was like that so he got put in his room for time out. in a matter of seconds, he unplugged his nightlight, then destroyed it and the outlet it was plugged into. Thank God he didn't electrocute himself! (so take the nightlights out if he's having a temper tantrum!!)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry~ This is the funniest post I have seen in a long time. I laugh, and feel sorry at the same time. Tyson is doing all of these crazy behaviors because his whole world has changed and he now is not the center of attention. This is his way of "showing the love" of his new sister. IT WILL get better! Maybe I should've been a therapist. Do they make more money than teachers? Oh wait.... everyone makes more money than teachers. I have HULK jammies if Tyson wants them. =)
ReplyDeleteLauren~
Girl....Berkley may be a few months behind Tyson, but we are RIGHT with you! Berk banged his head for the first time a couple of days ago & it took all I had for me not to cry. I know it's normal but that does NOT make it easy.
ReplyDeleteIt'd be one thing if we had bratty kids all the time, but we KNOW they are sweet & it's so awful to see that sweetness be put aside for "The Hulk".
All this to say...I feel your pain.
Hang in there, Laura!!
ReplyDeleteVictor has been TOUGH!!.
I have really had to be creative with the {what to do????!!!}
There is not one answer for everyone.
BUT--I will say that coming closer to the fourth birthday--V-man is calming down...significantly.
There is a light--the tunnel might just take a couple years to get down. My worst moments are at bed time--bedtime rules apply around here..except to V-man when he is EXTRA TIRED AND GROUCHY!!