It has been hard for me to find the words to describe the last two weeks...
On becoming a mother:
Instantly, from his first cry, Baby Tyson captured my heart! It is quite overwhelming to know that God entrusted me to care for this sweet baby! It has been wonderful, sleepless, precious, life-changing, hard, funny, amazing...the list goes on. The love I feel for him is so deep. I have so often heard parents saying such things, I just did not understand it until now. There is nothing I would not do for him. I love breastfeeding, changing his clothes, giving him a bath, watching him smile, and rocking him to sleep. I love being his mommy!
Tyson's daddy:
I thought that when the baby was born, my love for the baby would overshadow my love for Travis. However, I have found that I love Travis more than ever!! He is an amazing dad. I did not change a single diaper until Tyson was 1 week old! Travis would set his watch to give me my medicine, wake up with me for late night feedings, bring me water and snacks at 3 am, and has constantly told me that I am beautiful and that I am doing a good job. Beyond what he has done for me, watching him with Tyson melts my heart. It is precious! He is a very proud dad. I look forward to years of watching this father-son team grow together!
Tyson's Grandma:
My mom, just as I expected, is the best grandma in the world. She has been with us every single day. She was off work last week and the three of us had the most wondeful time! She sings funny songs to Tyson, rocks him constantly, and carries him in a baby sling while she helps me clean my house and I sleep! Every time she picks him up, she gets a smile on her face that looks like she just won a huge prize at the fair. I can't imagine doing this without her! She is my best friend and hero, now more than ever! Tyson is a lucky boy!
Visitors and Friends:
We have been blessed with so many wonderful visits, cards, calls and congratulations from our family, friends, and community. It is very special to share this time with those we love. We were very happy that my brother, "Uncle Mike" and Travis's brother "Uncle Jeff" were at the hospital when Tyson was born. In fact, Michael is very proud of the fact that he held the baby before me!!! We were very glad that Jeff could fly in from Atlanta in time for his arrival! We are looking forward to spending more time with his family soon. We have had visitors everyday for 2 weeks! Last Sunday 20 people came to visit this one little baby! We truly appreciate all of the love and support!
Ralph:
My "first furry child" is adjusting. He has always been the center of my world, so he has struggled a little with the lack of attention. We have tried to make special time just for him each day and he has gotten lots of treats! He seems to feel that he is in charge of protecting me and the baby. He "gaurds" us at all times. I know he and Tyson will be great friends soon! Ralph is wearing a new collar that says "I'm The Big Brother!!!!" I love it and still love him just as much as always!!
WOW! That was long!!! When Morgan gets here this week (I can't wait), I hope she will teach me how to make a slide show so I can post lots of pictures! Back to mommy-ville...
LOVED this blog entry and of course I will help you make a slide show! We CAN'T wait to get there to spend some time with you guys! I have to meet with my boss at 1:00 in Raleigh on Wednesday (not sure for how long) and then we will be on our way to you guys!!!!! Who did that pic??? It is adorable!!!! Love you and can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet, and so well-said! Enjoy every minute of it...it is absolutely the sweetest gift from God. :)
Motherhood.
Love,
Susan
Ughh...
ReplyDeleteWhere's the slide show?
I want to see baby pics!