We have been so proud of Grandma for carrying on with her wonderful life and for helping us preserve so many of our special traditions. One of my favorite is making teacakes. These cookies are the most delicious and fun to make! The dough has her special touch and really can't be described with a recipe. Using the same cutters we have loved since I was a child, the dough is rolled out, cut, and baked. The best part is decorating them with "painted" icing. Grandma puts so many special details on her cookies that you almost don't want to eat them...but you do!
Christmas Cookies!!! Those are just like we make - right down to the two different types of trees, dashing reindeer and snowman! Yay! Hmm...its been about 2 weeks since I've seen Grandma Juel - I may have to pay her a visit! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove it! And man, what I wouldn't give for a teacake right now, they are sooooo darn good!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!! A true talent--I have tried and tried to cut cookies...and I cannot do it! No matter what I try.
ReplyDeleteRock on!! with the wonderfully beautiful teacakes pretty ladies. :)