Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas with the Alfords


I love Christmas week! I especially love spending time with my favorite people during this special time of the year. Although it is not fancy or typically well-planned out, one of my treasured times is spent with the Alford family. I babysat Leigh Ann and Shannon when they were little girls in elementary school. Now Leigh Ann is in her third year of teaching high school--quite successfully and Shannon will graduate from NCSU Summa Cum Laude after student teaching in the Spring! I am so proud of both of them! "Miss" Kim, their mother, is like a second mom to me and is best friends with my mom. We love spending time together! In the summer we spend countless hours in the pool at their home. We have traveled together, watched football together, anticipated my babies together... laughed and cried together! So I can't imagine Christmas without spending time with this important part of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment