Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Be still my heart...

My precious Juel went to her first ever dance class! "Miss" Inga called to say that she was having a preschool summer class and wanted Juel to come. We went by the studio to get some tap shoes that were checked by "Miss Debbie". I enjoyed spending time with her while Juel played with Keegan and Cullen. After running errands and taking a nap we were ready to head back to the studio for class. Juel was brave and walked into class holding Keegan's hand. There were only 4 girls in the class, including Livy, "Miss" Judy's grandaughter,  so it was a great way to warm up to dance. I confess that I was peeking from the back room. They did 3 tap songs, had a parade, did a ballet song, made a "circle" and skipped around it...just like when I was a little girl.  At the end of class she curtsied (more like hugging Inga) to get her first forehead star! It was a precious "full circle" moment that I have always dreamed of sharing with a little girl of my own.

 Tap shoes first!
 Then ballet time!

 Coming out of class looking for mommy!

A little unsure about the lobby full of dancers and mommies. Keegan was a great helper!

Checking out the older girls class...this is one of mommy's best dancing friend's little girl!


Thank you Miss Inga...it was so fun! Juel kept her star on until bedtime and woke up asking to go back to "dancing class"!

No comments:

Post a Comment