These pictures just sum up all the fun my sweet boy had at the beach this year! He was just delighted with the water and sand. The first several days we were there he played his heart out. I must note that he wore himself out and he became a growling monster for a few days. Several of his outbursts happened at the "wa-er hOse," which he found to be as exciting as the great big ocean. (You know we only have three in our own yard???) He did not want to leave said amazing attraction, despite the fact that his mother and Gee were carrying an ungodly amount of stuff, including a hot,crying baby. We soon pretended the hose was broken and enticed him to a larger hose under our condo where I would bathe him in freezing cold water each day.
Overall he was so good and we had a blast. My favorite memory was on our last day there. It was overcast and he was well-rested. He played so happily all morning. Later he took a long nap under the umbrella. When he woke I gave him a little baggie with a snack inside. Soon a little seagull came walking close to him. (On a side note he called them ducks. He also called a pelican statue that he loved dearly near our condo a duck as well. He would kiss the duck every day. We have determined that "birds" fly, "ducks" walk.) Back on track...he was very interested in the seagull, who was very interested in his snack! I told Tyson that the seagull wanted his snack, so in the sweetest little way he opened the bag and held it out for the bird. I explained that he would have to toss it to him. This created a lot of entertainment for the pair. Soon other seagull buddies joined. Tyson walked closer to the dunes where there were no other people and sat down with his little legs straight in front of him. Soon the group of birds were standing in a semi-circle all around him. Then I saw him point to each one counting them and then rocking back and forth singing to them. It was just too cute for words. I only have a picture of it in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment