When I was little I always had to sleep with stuffed animals (especially and always Huggie Bear). I have wondered if my children will become attached to anything. Perhaps yes! Every night Tyson has a routine for going to bed (shocked my friends?? sound familiar?). He says his prayers with Mommy and Daddy then he lays down with his blanket (the yellow blanket, a gift from Travis's family from Korea) and asks for "Dog" and "Bink". (Dog was a stuffed animal from Aunt Pat given for Tyson's first Christmas. Shannon gave Tyson Bink before he was born. I love that he named it Bink.) Sometimes he checks to see that "Raah," a large dinosaur that Grandma Juel gave Tyson for Christmas is in the corner. (Lord ya'll have I passed on my OCD bedtime tendencies??) Then he tells Mommy to "scram" (thanks Daddy) and they turn out lights and press play on the 'night night' to play his bedtime music. (It starts with this operatic song "Dark Brown is the River..." He loves it and hey, it works!) Later I always go in to see him sleeping. He usually is holding both of his little buddies! I love it!
 |
| Bink and Dog |
Right now Baby Juel still likes to be swaddled to sleep. Her routine is basically swaddle, breastfeed, paci, then out for the night! However, she usually naps in her swing. Each time she likes to cuddle with this little blanket-doll that Uncle Mike gave her. I love it because it looks like her (brown hair and blue eyes). She 'coos' to Baby Doll and just hugs it to her face. It is just so sweet. I also love it because Grandma Juel called her "Baby Doll!"
 |
| Baby Doll |
No comments:
Post a Comment