Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Ma





We had a special visitor for Mother's Day weekend. Jeff brought their grandma "Ma" to visit with Grandma Juel for the weekend. Again, this brought conflicting emotions. We were happy to have her here, but we knew she came to say "goodbye" to Grandma. You see over the years they became very close friends. Whenever Ma has visited us, she always spent the night with Grandma Juel. They would stay up late talking and watching Gaither videos like and would tear up everytime Ma left to go home. They mailed cards and letters to one another and taked on the phone often. I am so glad they had this  time together. Ma went to church with us Sunday morning. The church always recognizes the oldest mother present with flowers. Ma "won" the honor, as Grandma Juel had done for the past 5 years or more. Ma decided to give her flowers to Grandma Juel since she could not be there in person. I love the picture of them together at the kitchen table. I also love the picture with Travis and Jeff. Ma is a charming, kind-hearted and thoughtful person. We loved being with her on this special day.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Laura. I remember seeing Ma at visitation and she seems to be a very special lady too. I can't imagine how strong your grief is because I'm crying now just looking at pics of Grandma Juel. What a "jewel" she was and I know all of you miss her tremendously. I pray for yall every day because I know you need it to get through this sad time.

    BTW, I'm glad you're back. I missed you and your posts!

    ReplyDelete