Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Birthday Eve
December 25-30---Panic had set in! I was going to have a baby! SOON! Our house was a whirlwind of craziness! First of all we had lots of snow, toys everywhere, Uncle Mike cooking in my kitchen, and Uncle Jeff on the way! Whew! Mommy was overwhelmed! I began frantically taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning (and crying too)! I had great help from mom and Travis! We actually had some fun too! (Probably not so much according to Travis, who now proclaims that he just wanted to run away until after the baby was born!) By the 29, the eve of Juel's birthday, the house was all in order and the bags were packed. (Those of you who have traveled with me know that I typically pack my bag at least a week in advance...I was having this baby at anytime and did not have a bag packed??? Looking back, I guess Travis was right!) Mom, Travis, Tyson, Jeff and I went out to eat at the Olive Garden and visited with Grandma Juel for a while before going home to try to sleep. After dressing Tyson in his Big Brother pajamas, I just held him and spent sweet moments telling him how much I love him. I felt so nervous about leaving him and about how he would react to his sister. I was so afraid that he would not feel as loved! Finally we tucked him into bed and I was off to sleep...the next day I would meet my daughter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this made me cry...that time with Tyson must have been so sweet!
ReplyDelete