Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Let it Snow...or ICE

Friday was a perfect day at school. We arrived, ate lunch, and then were dismissed due to inclement weather! Tyson and Juel were so so excited that it was snowing. (They were staying at home with Amy. She took pictures and video of their reaction.)When large flakes started to fall, Tyson screamed "Look!! Jesus made the snow bigger!" Bless my heart!!! By the time I made it home from school, the snow turned to sleet/freezing rain. It was still fun to cuddle up, make a big pot of chilli, and enjoy family time. The next morning Mom came over and we took the kids out to play as promised. I did not think they would be able to do much, but the frozen ground was perfet for sledding. They had a blast. We pulled them all through the woods and over to mom's house for hot chocolate.
 
 
Hmm...check this out!
Very exciting
What is this??
 
 
Very exciting!
My happy boy attempting to make snowballs!
 
 
Juel is wearing my snow outfit. One of my favorite pictures of my childhood is my Grandaddy Biddy holding me wearing this suit! LOVE IT!!!
 
Sledding!
 
 
 
RALPH!
 
Look at that little hiney!!
(Mental mommy note...never let kids sled down this hill without someone at the bottom. Right after this picture I had to run to catch her because she was not stopping and headed for the pond. We had no idea they would slide so far with so little on the ground.)
I'm now at the bottom to "catch"
Gee always finds the fun!!
 
*I'm still hoping for REAL snow that we can play in, but this was a nice treat!!
 
Most of the weekend mom and I watched Downton Abbey and sorted/tagged clothes for Kids Exchange. On Sunday Juel wore the cutest blue snowflake dress...that I really wanted a picture of-this is what I got:




She later obliged for this cute outfit!!

Tyson is always willing to smile for the camera!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment