Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sister of Heart

Amber and I were fast friends when her mom and my dad married. Every other weekend it was like a slumber party for the two of us. (not so much for everyone in the house...I can still hear Daddy screaming from the bottom of the stairs "Lauraaaa...and I would say "Terreeeee" and we would die laughing. We laughed constantly and still do when we are together. I am so glad that we are still in each other's lives. It is really awesome to see our children together. Juel is like a real life baby doll to Carlie and Tyson thinks Jackson is so cool! Amber and I played "dolls" together, so its neat to see real children together! We also shared vacations, holidays, secrets, middle school crushes, high school drama, learning to drive, double dates, graduation parties and more. She got married and had babies much before me. I had the honor of loving her babies so so much. I saw them very often when they were small. I close my eyes and feel the joy of holding Jackson in my lap at Dad and Diane's house, watching Rudolph in July, after a swim, eating pizza. I can remember riding the train home from Charlotte to see Carlie the day she was born. Oh how I loved and LOVE them both.  Now that I have babies, Amber gives me advice on how to be a good mommy. I love her as I would a sister.
Amber invited us to her new home (a cool log cabin) for her birthday dinner.

She gave Juel this precious little outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment