Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beautiful

It is really happening! Mom is getting chemo. I did not think I was worried about it so much, but I was wrong about that. For some reason (triggered by a pair of missing jeans) I had a TOTAL meltdown on the way to take her to her first chemotherapy appointment. I cried like I need to be in an institution. Great! I am supposed to be taking care of her, yet I can't even drive the car. I pulled it together and it all went fine. Mom was a little sick a few days after the treatment. Overall, and as usual, she is being tough and doing very well. She decided to go ahead and cut her hair before it all falls out. She is so pretty! Who knew bald was just so beautiful. It makes her eyes shine and we have enjoyed finding cute hats.Please pray for her because tomorrow will be her first day back to work since the first of December. Please also pray that her immune system stays strong and the side effects of the chemo are mild. We have a new joke about her not being "weak"...she hates that word! Weak she is NOT! She is incredibly strong and I am so proud of her.


2 comments: