Aunt Faye had open-heart surgery today to replace a closing valve. She has needed the surgery for a month, but due to infections and other circumstances, had to anxiously wait until today. We have all been in prayer for her and ask for continued prayer as she heals. The surgery went well and we are looking forward to the day when she will feel much better than she has in a long time.
Aunt Faye has always been so special to me. She did not have any 'girl' children, so when I was little she enjoyed spending time with me. She always gave me pretty clothes, pocket books, nail polish and other 'girlie' things. I love this little dress she gave my baby girl. She said she chose it in the smallest size so that one day Juel could play dress up with her baby dolls! We spent some sweet time with her on Sunday so she could see that Baby Juel looks like a 'baby doll' wearing it!
I love you Aunt Faye and can't wait until you are all well. We will go on a fun stroller walk together!
Thank you Laura for this post. The picture made me cry tears of happiness that Faye has a new heart valve and will be okay. It was amazing to talk to her on the phone earlier and she wasn't coughing! Still praying for her recovery as I know you and many others are.
ReplyDelete