Tuesday, April 23, 2013

You've Got A Friend in Me!

I love having the Moore's visit. The children play great together, Cedric and Travis hang out...so Morgan and I feel free!! It is just perfect! By having the party on Friday night, it gave us the whole weekend to have fun together. Saturday morning we had a lazy time eating breakfast and drinking coffee (we thought of you Jessie and Brianne). Finally Morgan and I had to venture out for some fun. We picked up mom and headed to Chris's Greenhouse. I found an fantastic weeping juniper tree that I had been wanting for 1/2 price and a spiraling willow tree, along with lots of other fun finds. Even better--when I brought it home the boys planted it right away! After the greenhouse we went to buy a sewing machine for Morgan! Mom had a blast teaching her how to sew! It did not take her long to learn and she was soon making pillows all by herself! While they were sewing, I was planting and painting. I painted a new nightstand for Tyson using Annie Sloan Napoleon blue and also worked on a new coat hanger. With help from Travis and Cedric...it was cut, painted, nailed, and mounted to my wall. I LOVE IT!! We worked late into the night talking and laughing (and "sipping" a little wine).  Miss Kim came over to sip and supervise! We were up til 2 in the morning! Meanwhile the kiddos played until they all fell asleep watching a movie. They entertain themselves and barely need any attention when they are all together. It is awesome! The next day Morgan and I snuck out to do a little shopping. When we returned home we continued crafting and playing until supper time. It was just a great time together. Although I wish we lived in the same town, it makes it really fun to stay in each others homes for long weekends of fun!!
Snuggle time with the Moores
Just look at my princess!

Spider Izz! 

Spa Day! 

Aunt Moo! 

 Ced with our girls in their Christmas PJs! Ha! 
Juel has finally decided to love Mr. Shedrick!! 
Sewing 101

Morgan's first pillow! 

Exhausted


I just love this finished product! I had seen some made with door knobs on Pinterest. I found these knobs and hangers at Hobby Lobby when I was visiting Morgan. The piece of wood came from Grandaddy's tobacco barn and was then painted lightly with ASCP Old White. Now when you come you can take off your coat- hang it up- and stay a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment