Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are on the road headed to Georgia to see Jeff and family. Our Thanksgiving plans are always contingent on high school playoffs. This year we are available for travel so it is our turn to make the trip. And what a trip it had been so far! We left home at 1:30...it is currently 7:30 and we have just crossed into SC. With a newly potty trained girl and terrible TRAFFIC it has been slow! After packing all morning--what feels like everything in my house--and then stopping 10000 times all Travis and I can do is just laugh! It is certainly a change from the past when we could hit the trail so easily! But in the spirit of Thanksgiving I must say that is comforting to have the top of my "I am thankful for..." list snuggled up in this car!

I am thankful for my man beside me laughing and driving (with a few threats to plug in his earphones). Travis is not often the focus of this blog but he sure is my heart. I love how he wrestles with Tyson and lets him help with projects. I love that he calls Juel "baby girl" and thinks she does no wrong! Ilove that he serves diligently in our church and reads his bible every day without fail. I love that even though he thinks I'm nuts he helped me clean before we left home and fixed the lights on my tree so that my  clean and decorated house is happily awaiting our return.

I am thankful for my mama who is with us! She is in the backseat teaching herself how to use her new iPhone! Lol! I love that she wants to be with us today and everyday! I love that my children light up like the sun when they see her. I love that she fought cancer with all of her strength and she is finally feeling really good! I love her new hair! I love that through it all we never stopped laughing and having a blast together!

I am thankful for my firstborn sitting behind me to the left. He makes me laugh every single day. I love that he still climbs in my bed to snuggle every morning and let's me kiss him all I want. I love that he loves preschool and proudly gave me a beautiful Thanksgiving book he worked on all month. I love his excitement about Christmas and y'all I just can't even wait to see the magic through his eyes! I love that even though he is strong willed and wild he is learning to say sorry. I love that he likes to work and is truly helpful sometimes. I love his bedtime prayers and that he remembers blessings and seatbelts if I forget! I love it that he told his daddy that when he gets bigger he wants to believe in Jesus so that he can go to heaven!

I am thankful for the sweetest baby girl sitting behind me kicking my seat and screaming for more juice. I love that she is friendly to others and gives lots of hugs. I love her sweet little voice and all of the new words she says each day. I love it when she growls at her brother to stand up for herself. Ha ha! I love that she wants her mommy to "rock a me" every night and that she says "I love you my daddy" to Travis and kisses her brubba. I love the special time we share when Tyson is at school. I love playing baby dolls and dress up! I love her cheeks and warm morning hugs. I love dreaming of special times I hope to share with her.

See...lots to be thankful for! The list continues...
-For Family (excited to visit Jeff and Ma and happy that we celebrated with Michael this weekend and he is even Black Friday shopping for us!)
-For smiling when I see my Grandma Juels things around my house.
-For baby Mitchell's health/his mommy is better
-For my students and job sharing situation
-For our best  friends the Moore's new house
-For Amber my sister of my heart. I love that my children love hers.
-For good news for the Alford girls (Leigh Ann passed Natuonal Boards and Shannon is loving her adorable new apartment and car---big girls they are!)
-For my daddy's 60th birthday that will be celebrated in heaven on Saturday.
-For Grandma  Rayes visits and her good health
-For Mrs Caffie and the paper heart Tyson made for her on his own
-For Friendships (Budackis visit, brianne notes,Cynthia conversations,Amy (lu lu)phone calls and visits and preserved friendship,and friendships maintained by Facebook/blogs and more)

-My church that I have come to love so dearly
-And above all Jesus!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment