Today is Grandma Juel's birthday. It is nestled between my favorite holidays...Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Right along with my daddy's birthday and my best friend forever Crystal's birthday too.) To celebrate the day, mom and I baked her famous Christmas tea cakes. I can't promise they will taste exactly the same, but we knew she would have been so happy!
 |
| This was last year...I saved that tea cake she is holding in my freezer. I can't let it go just yet! |
 |
| Continuing the tradition with Gee! |
 |
| Baby Juel wanted to help! |
We miss her everyday and know this season of "firsts" without her will be difficult. Certainly she is having the best birthday celebration of all in heaven!
This is an example of why she was so very special. She was the BEST at sending cards. Whenever I mail anything, I think of her. She sent me a card every week the entire time I was in college, then continuing until I moved back home. Even then she sent special cards to me and to my children. The cards always had letters detailing the "happenings" of the community and family. When I spoke at her funeral I used the letters to help me plan the right words to describe how wonderful she was. Each card and letter was dated. I decided to put them all together into a book so that I could better preserve this special treasure. I taped, glued, stacked, and layered the cards in order by date. I had such a great time readin each letter. She was truly a jewel! This is my finished product:
 |
| This was the last card I received from her. |
No comments:
Post a Comment