Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

Excited Boy!

Look at this big box!

Family Photo


Hi Sarah!

"I love Grandma Raye!"

The Annual "Cousin" picture

Cousin Matt and Allison

Uncle Jerry held Tyson for most of the night (it was special to me!)

Grandma Raye loves Tyson so much! He is in my daddy's high chair!

Every Christmas Eve my dad's side of the family gathers at Grandma Raye's house. She prepares a HUGE meal, full of certain food traditions that include green congealed salad and boiled ham (oooh)! (You do not change the menu!) After we eat, the kids anxiously await present time! I can remember so excited I could burst! In more recent years instead of exchanging presents with everyone, we play the "Dirty Santa" present exchange game. It is so fun and funny! Michael and Travis always form an aliance to get the best gifts and someone always ends up with something ridiculous! This year Uncle Jerry wound up with a pink snuggie and Grayson got an air brushed license tag that says "I love Grandma Raye"!!! After the gifts are opened we always play a game...this year it was 'Catch Phrase- girls against boys! Well after 2 rounds it was determined that the losers would have to eat a piece of Souse Meat (If you do not know what it is-google it- I can't even type it on this blog!) Why did we have such meat you ask? Well, yet another food tradition resurrected! (Grandaddy Gerald loved it! OMG) Well, let's just say the highlight of the boy's evening was watching the losers eat this treat! Yes...it happened! Christmas Eve was full of laughter and tears-from too much laughter!

*I always really miss Daddy on Christmas Eve. I can only imagine how much he would have loved having Tyson during Christmas...the presents would have been out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment