








Before traveling to Florida I was really worried about how Tyson would do on the drive down. His mother is not known for 'traveling well'! Although I love to go--I hate the "getting there" part. However, my sweet baby did amazing! He did not cry, drank from a bottle while we drove, and did not cause a single stop that was not planned! Travis, Mom, and I really had fun talking and laughing as we traveled. Travis drove, mom took care of Tyson in the back seat, and I pumped! (There is nothing like pumping going down I-85!!)
On our way home we made several wonderful stops after saying goodbye to Jeff and Jennifer. We first visited Coach Clark at the Sheppard Center in Atlanta. We were thrilled to see his progress. He got to meet Baby Tyson and it seemed to lift his spirits. Next we visited Travis's grandma--it was a non-stop photo session. She is just precious! Then we spent the night with Chris and Donna Keeter, our Honduras missionary friends from Kings Mountain. (They are state-side due to the continuing conflicts in Honduras right now.) We had so much fun with them...and with their beautiful daughter Kala. Sunday morning we were able to attend church at First Baptist. It was great to hear an excellent sermon from Brother Chip and visit with our old buddies in Sunday School. Finally we hit the road to head home...sweet home!!!! We were very happy to see Uncle Mike, who kindly took care of Ralph and Nick and my flowers while we were gone. I missed my Ralphie so so much! I promised I would not leave him again for a while!
On our way home we made several wonderful stops after saying goodbye to Jeff and Jennifer. We first visited Coach Clark at the Sheppard Center in Atlanta. We were thrilled to see his progress. He got to meet Baby Tyson and it seemed to lift his spirits. Next we visited Travis's grandma--it was a non-stop photo session. She is just precious! Then we spent the night with Chris and Donna Keeter, our Honduras missionary friends from Kings Mountain. (They are state-side due to the continuing conflicts in Honduras right now.) We had so much fun with them...and with their beautiful daughter Kala. Sunday morning we were able to attend church at First Baptist. It was great to hear an excellent sermon from Brother Chip and visit with our old buddies in Sunday School. Finally we hit the road to head home...sweet home!!!! We were very happy to see Uncle Mike, who kindly took care of Ralph and Nick and my flowers while we were gone. I missed my Ralphie so so much! I promised I would not leave him again for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment