Tyson, Juel and I surprised Grandma Raye on her 82nd birthday this week! I can't imagine anyone could have been happier than all three of them! Tyson had so much fun giving her special treats, blowing out candles and playing. Juel was quite content being rocked. I love spending time with Grandma and especially try to in the month of February (Grandaddy died on 2/27/93 and daddy on 2/20/08...she has never gotten over either.) Being at her house brings back so many fun childhood memories and it seems like she has not changed at all since I was a child. In fact, she loves to babysit my children--at AGE 82 and plays all of the same games with them that she did once upon a time with me! No only that, she also still push mows her grass, rakes leaves, drives to Raleigh etc... I am so proud of her and hope to be just like her someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment