Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Big Mama's" Baby Shower








Morgan, Cynthia, Brianne and I have been BFFs since college. The 'Carolina Girls' met in Parker dorm and have shared the most wonderful memories. We shall never blog about most of our college memories (right girls?)! We have supported each other through beginning careers, moving to new homes and new states, getting married, and now becoming mommies. The path to parenthood began with our husbands (obviously)! Cynthia married Jody at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill just before I graduated in 2001. I met Travis at her wedding. He was my groomsman down the aisle. We got married on June 25, 2005. Morgan married Cedric (the other groomsman/best friend) February 11, 2006. Who could believe that three best friends married three best friends?! It makes for some really fun times together! Brianne married the sweetest boy, Jessie, and they live in Vermont. Since tying the knot...we have all conceived! Morgan had Gabriel, he is a precious 18 month old, born January 10, 2008; Brianne had sweet baby Ryan on January 10, 2009; and Tyson was born two months ago on April 10...Three BOYS! Now Cynthia, who we lovingly refer to as "BIG MAMA," is pregnant...with a GIRL!!! She and Jody now live in Texas (that wrecks us by the way). They came home to Terrell this past weekend for a baby shower at her sister's house. Tyson, mom, and I loaded up the van for his first road trip so that we could be there. It was so much fun! She is just so cute pregnant! Morgan, Gabriel, and her mom, "Miss" Doris, were there too! We loved being together to celebrate with Cynthia's family. Cynthia is not a girlie girl, unlike her buddy Laura! I have promised to bring baby Mackenzie to "priss camp" every summer where I can teach her all about the joy of PINK, Emily Post's etiquette, curling hair, and ballet dancing!!! It was just so fun to see all of the little dresses and frilly girl things! I just can't wait until her arrival in September!

1 comment: